Some days I’m over it. I’m too tired to embody the motto ‘get more things done before 9am than most people do in a day’. This morning I was one of those days. So we cuddled, ate breakfast and spent time with God.
We don’t eat breakfast together during the week, we’re both off to gym and/or work early. So I savoured these little moments with my husband this morning:
– Reis cacoon-ing me in cuddles so I felt safe;
– nourishing our bodies with fresh food;
– drinking warm tea;
– being reminded that God’s love for me never changes, nor do my actions make him value me more: see Ephesians 2:4-5;
– enjoying how sexy my Captain looks in uniform;
– being told ‘you’re hot’ (and allowing myself to believe it) as he stole a kiss and left for work.
I feel much better than when I woke up. I feel better than if I had of pushed myself to workout. Some days, you have to listen to your body. Some days, you have to be aware of your thoughts and take the time to replenish them with gratitude.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know to Make Your Gift say ‘You are Special to Me’ + 2 x Little Kete Nourishing Hamper Giveaway (valued at $85 each) - May 21, 2017
- Cumin and Pecan Roast Carrot Dip (low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan) - May 21, 2017
- Wardrobe Detox with a Stylist – A Surprisingly Good Investment - May 17, 2017