This Asian-inspired tofu vegetable noodle bowl recipe is one of my favourite lunches. It’s meat-free and packed with protein, healthy fats and so many good nutrients. I actually also enjoy this for breakfast too! The flavours are mild enough that it’s really enjoyable any time of the day.
Tofu Buddha Bowls and spiralised vegetable noodles are IN my friend
What is a Buddha Bowl?
What the heck is a Buddha Bowl? I asked the same thing just a week ago. It’s basically a bowl of nourishing colourful food that includes protein, healthy grains and vegetables. Other than meeting those three requirements, there are no rules – you just throw all you can into a bowl! Here the protein source is the tofu, the healthy grains are the brown rice and the vegetables are spiralised into noodles.
Zoodles and Vegetable Noodles
Spiralising vegetables has been on trend for a while now and it isn’t going anywhere fast. Last year I made this Healthy Turkey Meatballs on Roast Capsicum Sauce and Zoodles recipe (the sauce is so good!).
Just last week I shared another zoodle recipe, my Dukkah Fish on Tomato and Eggplant Zoodles. Zoodles are zucchinis spiralised into noodles, hence the name zoodles! You can spiralise any vegetable though that is firm enough – the popular ones to spiralise include carrot, zucchini, pumpkin, beetroot, cucumber and sweet potato. I had a small hand held spiraliser until it broke last night (some of you might have seen on my instagram stories this was right before a dinner party!), so now I have invested in a larger machine.
Asian-Inspired Tofu Vegetable Noodle Buddha Bowl
- 250g of carrot and pumpkin noodles (use spiraliser)
- 100gm tofu
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp cooking rice wine
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- ½ lime
- ½ lemon
- handful of coriander
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ avocado, to serve
- almond slithers and walnuts, to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- Heat carrot and pumpkin noodles in microwave for 3 minutes and let stand for 1 minute. Meanwhile in a small bowl mix together cooking rice wine, sesame seed oil and soy sauce then marinate the tofu in this.
- Cook the tofu in a pan for 2 minutes each side.
- Place noodles and tofu in a bowl and sprinkle with juices of lemon and lime, crushed almonds and walnuts an then season to taste. Serve with rice, avocado and coriander.
Serve this vegetable tofu bowl with avocado!
I usually serve this vegetable noodle tofu bowl with a little extra avocado, coriander and citrus (lemon and lime). This way I can add more flavour and/or make it more filling as I please at the time. Who doesn’t want more avocado in their life?!
Want more healthy recipe ideas?
If you like this recipe, check out my other meals here.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Farmers Markets in Canberra - June 22, 2017
- Healthy Raspberry and Apple Crumble Topping Recipe - June 20, 2017
- 3 Things you can do to be Proactive about Your Health - June 15, 2017