I was reluctant to share this recipe with you, it’s a meal that gets the ‘oooos’ and ‘ahhs’ but is really quick and requires little hands on effort. For that reason, I contemplated keeping it to impress my guests with at dinner parties…but that’s pretty self-indulgent, so I’m sharing with you…on one condition! You too must make this salmon delight for your guests! Although I said we don’t celebrate valentines day (mostly because we prefer to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays) I felt we still needed to share the love somehow. So over (and with) this delightful meal it was.
Baked Salmon with Orange and Avocado Salad
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 large orange, segmented
1 large avocado, halved and thinly sliced
2 x 150g salmon fillets
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
small handful of dill, roughly chopped
Horseradish cream dressing
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon horseradish cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C then cook salmon fillets in foil covered baking dish for 20 minutes.
2. Combine dressing ingredients by shaking well in a jar.
3. Gently toss orange, avocado, spinach and 3/4 dill in a large bowl.
4. Divide salad among serving plates and top with cooked salmon fillets.
5. Season with remaining dill, cracked pepper and drizzle over the prepared dressing.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Healthy Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta Salad Recipe - April 28, 2017
- Post-marathon Muscle Aches May be a Part of Your Genes - April 27, 2017
- Healthy Refined Sugar-Free ANZAC Biscuits - April 22, 2017