This is a super quick vegetarian friendly recipe that I enjoy regularly for lunch. It packs up easily into a tupperware container for reheating if you’re out and takes no more than 5 minutes to prepare. I also like to cut the zucchini strips in half again and serve them as finger food starters at BBQs (when I do that I add the baby spinach under the haloumi). If you like things with a bit of spice try adding some chilli to the top!
Whilst you can make your own basil pesto, I buy one from the supermarket to keep in the fridge for days when I don’t have the ingredients on hand. My basil only ever seems to last a day once I get it home from the supermarket so I’ve stopped buying it regularly! If you have any tips on how to keep basil alive longer I would really appreciate you could please leave them for me in the comments below.
- 4 Zucchinis, sliced
- 4 tbs basil pesto (store bought or home made)
- ½ packet of haloumi, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 packet of baby spinach leaves
- Cool zucchini and halmoumi slices on a medium heated grill until browned or cooked through.
- Remove from pan and place spinach in pan for 1 minute to slightly wilt.
- Place spinach on plates then top with zucchini strips.
- Top strips with pesto, haloumi and chilli (if adding chilli).
Want more quick healthy recipes?
Check out the recipe page here.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Dietitian shares thoughts on Intermittent fasting: should you do it? - August 11, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Coconut Butter - July 31, 2017
- Berlei sports bras collaborate with Artist Kate Banazi & 5 bras to giveaway! - July 25, 2017