Inspired by a lovely Aunty who made pinwheel sandwiches for the high tea at my baby shower, I decided to make these yummy chicken, cranberry and pecan pinwheel sandwiches afternoon tea. They are simple but look oh so sophisticated paired with a pretty tea cup.
- ½ loaf of bread
- ½ cup cranberries
- 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken
- ¼ cup pecans
- Whole egg mayonnaise
- Butter, to spread
- Thyme or parsley to decorate
- In a large bowl combine chicken, pecans and enough mayonnaise to moisten. Set aside in the fridge.
- Take a slice of bread and remove the crusts, then using a roller, flatten the bread. OPTION: If you wish to make your pinwheels bigger then buy a whole loaf and cut it length ways.
- Spread with butter.
- Spred chicken mix thinly over the bread and press down.
- Roll bread tightly from one side to the other. Depending on how well they have stuck together you can either roll them in glad wrap and refrigerate them for up to 30 min or slice into bit sized pieces and serve immediately, decorating with your chosen herb.
The perfect pinwheel sandwich recipe to make and share with a girlfriend making a home visit, your husband after work, or even your grandmother! Who doesn’t love eating these savoury beauties? You can fill your sandwiches with anything you like really (just make sure the filling is cut finely and spread thinly) walnuts, chicken, mayonnaise and celery is another tasty combination. Although this pinwheel sandwich filling is my favourite because the flavours complement each other well and the cranberries add a pretty gloss cherry colour!
What fillings do you enjoy in your pinwheel sandwiches? Did you like these? Comment below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Healthy Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta Salad Recipe - April 28, 2017
- Post-marathon Muscle Aches May be a Part of Your Genes - April 27, 2017
- Healthy Refined Sugar-Free ANZAC Biscuits - April 22, 2017