“Wow! I feel like I am talking to myself!” exclaimed Mimi from Mimi Must Try as I shared my blogging struggles, champagne in hand at the Treasury Casino’s Kity Bar. Any nerves were thrown out the window as I got to know other bloggers and found they were normal, down to earth and had the same love for food, photography, writing and blogging. What a start to the Eat Drink Blog 2014 (Australian Food Bloggers) Conference. Yesterday was amazing and I will share about it soon, but for now it’s time for breakfast! Egg, avocado and rosemary balsamic tomatoes on toast. YUM!
A simple but flavour filled breakfast always gets me going. Balsamic vinegar and rosemary caramelised tomatoes add such zest to the full and rounded flavours of avocado.
2 slices of wholegrain bread (toasted)
1/2 avocado (mashed)
1 punnet of mini roma tomatoes (halved)
3 sprigs of rosemary (this grows so well in our garden, we have three plants!)
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pick leaves off rosemary and add to a bowl with balsamic vinegar and tomatoes, then mix together.
2. On medium heat fry egg.
3. Meanwhile, in another pan add tomato mix, stir occasionally until cooked through and caramelised.
2. Spread avocado on toast and top with egg, cooked tomatos and season to taste!
I can’t wait to spend the day making more new blogging friendships! I hope you have a fun-filled sunday too.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know to Make Your Gift say ‘You are Special to Me’ + 2 x Little Kete Nourishing Hamper Giveaway (valued at $85 each) - May 21, 2017
- Cumin and Pecan Roast Carrot Dip (low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan) - May 21, 2017
- Wardrobe Detox with a Stylist – A Surprisingly Good Investment - May 17, 2017