Over the weekend I endeavored to make a healthy, gluten free version of my favourite cafe breakfast, corn fritters. These beauties are my go to on any breakfast menu and are the dish which is largely persuasive in my critique of a cafe. I’ve found some cafe’s smother them in oil but I really prefer them to be well formed with a nice side like this chilli guacamole or a lovely yogurt-dill sauce on the side. I was really happy with how this recipe turned out and will be making these again! Perfect breakfast treat. This recipe makes enough for two people – 4 corn fritters in total. It’s so easy to follow that even an undomesticated man could do it (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, gentlemen – spoil her!)
1. Gather your ingredients, grate zucchini and wash your herbs (yep, these ones are from my garden too!)
3. Chop your mint and coriander finely and place in a bowl with the zucchini and corn.
4. Using spray olive oil lightly grease a non-stick pan and heat on high. Once heated turn to a low heat and cook mixture in handful sizes for 5 minutes each side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
5. Whilst these are cooking, your going to make the super simple and delicious chilli guacamole. You can change the amount of chilli flakes to taste, bearing in mind these are not super spicy. Peel the avocado, squeeze the juice of the lime and add the desired amount of chilli mashing until smooth.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know to Make Your Gift say ‘You are Special to Me’ + 2 x Little Kete Nourishing Hamper Giveaway (valued at $85 each) - May 21, 2017
- Cumin and Pecan Roast Carrot Dip (low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan) - May 21, 2017
- Wardrobe Detox with a Stylist – A Surprisingly Good Investment - May 17, 2017