Aren’t these the most gorgeous colours?! They just pop right out of the page! This healthy pumpkin, spinach and feta recipe is one of my favourite salads. It’s bright and fresh with contrasting colours and textures – just the kind of salad that you want to serve your guests for lunch, or as a side at a BBQ, or even to have popping out of your lunch box at work! You’ll leave your guests satisfied and your colleagues drooling. Hello, winning salad. Get in my belly!
A hearty, healthy pumpkin, spinach and feta recipe
This hearty salad is filled with ingredients that are both nourishing and comforting – roasted pumpkin, creamy, salty feta, crispy, fresh capsicum and crunchy toasted pepitas. Topped with a garlic sweet mustard dressing these ingredients deliver just the right amount of fancy for an easy, scrumptious salad!
- ½ butternut pumpkin (about 4 cups once diced)
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- ⅓ C pepitas
- 1 red capsicum
- 150g danish feta
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- Dressing: 3 T olive oil
- 3 T garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 50 mL red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan forced).
- Skin and dice pumpkin in 1-2 cm cubes (keeping the pieces small aids in speeding up the cooking time!), and place in a bowl.
- Coat pumpkin pieces with olive oil and add salt and pepper to season as desired.
- Place in the oven, and roast for 15 minutes.
- Lightly toast pepitas in a pan, over a medium-high heat. This will take about 3-4 minutes - you'll hear a few crackle when they are done! Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Cut up capsicum and feta while you're waiting for the pumpkin to cook!
- Once the pumpkin is done, gently fold the capsicum with, coating it in the seasoned oil goodness; set aside to cool.
- As ingredients are cooling, whip up the dressing by placing all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking until blended.
- Fill your serving dish with baby spinach, toss in the rest of the ingredients, and drizzle with dressing.
Want more healthy salad recipes?
What did you think of this combo? Let us know in the comments below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- 3 Ways to Style Ethical Activewear in 2017 - August 18, 2017
- Dietitian shares thoughts on Intermittent fasting: should you do it? - August 11, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Coconut Butter - July 31, 2017