I’m so pumped for March because I am going to be improving my fitness by running 150km+, and helping change lives as I participate in The March Charge! I would love you to get involved too! Don’t worry, you don’t have to run that far…you don’t even have to run at all if you don’t want to! There is something for every activity level and you can help change lives by participating.
What is the March Charge?
The March Charge is a challenge event asking people to walk or run all the kilometres they can in the month of March to improve their fitness, whilst raising money for Cancer Council.
Why am I joining the March Charge?
I’m training for the Canberra Running Festival Half Marathon in April and thought this was a great way to stick to my training with the motivation that I am positively impacting the lives of those impacted by cancer. I want to be part of a movement to fight cancer for my friends who I’ve loved and lost to cancer, and for those who are currently facing its horrors. Would you join me in this by sponsoring me?
How you can get involved in the March Charge
- Register to walk or run your chosen kms solo, or as part of a team.
- Sponsor my running efforts and help me fight cancer by donating here.
Why you should get involved in the March Charge:
- Across Australia there will be an estimated 130,470 new cases of cancer diagnosed this year and this impacts families and communities greatly.
- 30 minutes of exercise a day can help reduce your cancer risk
- Raising funds for Cancer Council allows them to:
- conduct and fund world-class research around cancer,
- help promote cancer prevention methods (like these sun protection methods I use at the beach),
- support people as they navigate their cancer journey, and
- advocate to ensure the government provides adequate support for those experiencing cancer.
- You have the support Eat Pray Workout to help you achieve your goal. You can contact me via email or social media and I will do whatever I can to encourage you in your challenge too.
How it works:
You can register for the event online. You will be asked to set your kilometre and fundraising goal. You’ll be given your own profile page that includes why you’re participating in The March Charge, as well as tracking for your physical activity and donations. You can then send this page out to friends and family encouraging them to make donations!
Remember, YOU CAN do this challenge…cancer is the real challenge! So register today and let’s tell cancer where to go!
Follow my progress and share yours!
You can follow my progress throughout March via my instagram stories. Tag @EatPrayWorkout and @TheMarchCharge so we can see your progress too!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Dietitian shares thoughts on Intermittent fasting: should you do it? - August 11, 2017
- How to Make Homemade Coconut Butter - July 31, 2017
- Berlei sports bras collaborate with Artist Kate Banazi & 5 bras to giveaway! - July 25, 2017