Moroccan chicken paired with a salad is my quick and easy meal. I got the inspiration for this from my friend Jen who baked chicken like this for me one night. It’s flavoursome and fresh, perfect as a lunch or dinner. I’ve even found the chicken (even on its own) is a nice side at BBQs!
2 tbs of moroccan spice blend 4 chicken fillets, halved (NB: pictured above is 1/2 a fillet)
100g salad mixed leaves 30g snow pea sprouts (white bottoms chopped off)
1/2 punnet cherry tomatos, halved
1/2 cucumber, chopped into 1cm square pieces
250g jap pumpkin, chopped into 1cm square pieces
2 purple carrots, chopped into 1cm square pieces
1 red capsicum, sliced finely (I’m really enjoying cooking with Australian Bent Red Casicums – they look ugly but have far less seeds and are easier to cut long strips from)
1 onion, chopped into wedges
1 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Marinate chicken with moroccan spices (can prepare up to 24 hours before).
2. Preheat oven to 200°C.
3. Lightly spray baking dish with olive oil, placing pumpkin, carrots, capsicum and onion thereon. Spray these vegetables lightly with olive oil and place in oven for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix remaining salad ingredients in a bowl.
5. Wrap marinated chicken in foil in individual pieces and place on a separate baking dish.
6. After 15 minutes of vegetables cooking add chicken to oven and cook for a further 15 minutes (or until cooked through).
7. Let vegetables cool slightly, then mix with salad mix and serve into bowls.
8. Open moroccan chicken foils and drain juices over salad for extra flavouring, then place chicken on top of salad.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to enter the competition I have running here! Yummy prizes to be won. Entries close on 9 May 2014.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Healthy Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta Salad Recipe - April 28, 2017
- Post-marathon Muscle Aches May be a Part of Your Genes - April 27, 2017
- Healthy Refined Sugar-Free ANZAC Biscuits - April 22, 2017