Wowweee. I think we ate about double what is shown in this picture of these Portuguese Chicken Lettuce Wraps they were so good. The pictures do not do the flavours justice. Perfect after a long day of study and work.
olive oil spray
500g chicken, diced
2 sticks of celery, sliced thinley
300g pumpkin, diced and partially cooked (mircowave with a dash of water for 1 minute)
4 tomatoes, diced
3 shallots, sliced thinly
1/2 cup corriander, roughly chopped
1 lime, juiced
2.5 tbs BBQ sauce
1.5 tsp Tabasco sauce (I would say this gives a mild-medium heat)
1 Australian cos lettuce, leaves separated and washed
1. Spray the a frying pan with olive oil and cook chicken on medium heat until browned. Set aside in a bowl and cover with foil.
2. Spray the frying pan with olive oil again and on medium-hot heat add celery, pumpkin and stir for one minute before adding the tomatoes and shallots and continuing to stir occasionally for two minutes or until vegetables have cooked through.
3. Add cooked chicken, corriander, lime juice, BBQ sauce and tabasco sauce and stir for one minute or until warmed through.
4. Serve onto lettuce leaves, leaving enough room for each side to fold up like a wrap or taco shaped shell.
These Portuguese Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a perfect entree or light dinner/lunch. You can switch up any of the vegetables, red onion, corn kernels or any colour capsicum would make a great addition.
ENTER BELOW VIA THE RAFFLECOPTER WIDGET
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Wellbeing Warrior: Sam Wood + 28 Program Giveaway - October 8, 2017
- What’s the difference between dynamic and static stretching? - October 5, 2017
- Chai-Spiced Shortbread Biscuits (low FODMAP – DF, GF, RSF) - October 1, 2017