Ditch the tim tams and try this Raw Caramel Macadamia Slice for your next afternoon tea. I promise it won’t disappoint – Reis (my husband) even said he would pay for this treat! This is the perfect sweet treat that nourishes whilst nipping that sweet tooth in the bud.
The macadamias were gifted to me by Australian Macadamias. YUM! Macadamias are great in salads with rocket, pumpkin and red onion…but today that sweet tooth was calling me. So this Raw Caramel Macadamia Slice was the result!
- For base:
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup macadamias, chopped
- 12 medjool dates, chopped and deseeded
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1.5 tbs honey
- ⅔ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup almond meal
- To Top:
- ¼ cup macadamias, finely chopped
- 1 tbs shredded coconut
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor whizz all the base ingredients until smooth.
- Press mixture into the prepared tin.
- Top with macadamias and coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Want more healthy dessert recipes?
Try some of these:
- Sugar Free Apple Cake
- Healthy Fruit and Nut Bar
- Boost Chocolate Protein Ball Recipe – A healthy alternative
- Espresso Almond Raw Cookies
- Want more? Find all our EPW desserts here.
Have you tried raw slices before? What flavour is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Healthy Refined Sugar-Free ANZAC Biscuits - April 22, 2017
- The Life of a Wedding Florist – Interview with Florist Rachel Bethany - April 17, 2017
- Micronutrients vs Macronutrients, which should you be focusing on? - April 10, 2017