It’s Friday!!!! FRI-YAY!!!!!! I hope you’ve all had good weeks and are in for a relaxing weekend. I wish I was heading to the beach this weekend the weather here in Brisbane is just beautiful at the moment. In fact, I’m sitting on my balcony in the warmth of the sun as I write this post about these amazing espresso almond raw cookies.
Unfortunately my time spent in the sun for the next two weeks will be limited because I have my final law exam worth 70% coming up. To be honest, I feel sick at the thought of it. SO much to learn AND it’s closed book (which is rare for law). They say I’m on the down hill but I’m sure feeling like I have a mountain before me right now. I just need to remind myself that God’s got my back, he’s never let me down before. HE is faithful. He’s helped me completed my arts degree in politics and this is the last exam before completing my law degree. I’m sure in two weeks (after 6 years at uni) I will feel the down hill! Just lots of work before I get there. If you’re the praying type, please pray for focus, joy and self-control.
In the mean time, my procrasti-cooking comes in the form of these espresso almond raw cookies. Oh boy are they good and really quite filling! If I give myself one at the end of reading each case (70 pages each 😐 ) that’s motivation to help me get up the mountain.
- 1/2 cup of pepitas
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tbs of honey
- 10 dates
- 2 tbs coconut
- 1 shot of espresso (I used decaf because I already have enough caffeine in my diet!)
- 1/2 cup of almond meal (add extra if the mix is too watery upon mixing, or if not watery enough add a teaspoon of water)
- 10 almonds to top
- Pulse blend the pepitas, walnuts, almonds until they are mixed together and very roughly chopped into chunks.
- Add to blender dates, honey, coconut, espresso and almond meal.
- Form into tear drop shapes and top with remaining almonds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and voila! A wholesome snack with so many health benefits inside.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Farmers Markets in Canberra - June 22, 2017
- Healthy Raspberry and Apple Crumble Topping Recipe - June 20, 2017
- 3 Things you can do to be Proactive about Your Health - June 15, 2017