This Caramelised Vanilla, Banana and Almond Milk Black Chia Seed Pudding is so good, especially as the mornings are cooling down because it’s warm and filling! This is my winter alternative to overnight refrigerated chia seed pudding. It’s cooked in the pan with the satisfying flavours of caramelised banana, coconut, almond and cinnamon. The best part about this alternative is you don’t have to cook it the night before – AH-mazing for the unprepared like me! If you want it to look a little more appealing to the eyes you can use white chia seeds too.
Why are chia seeds so good for you?
Chia seeds are a whole grain food meaning they are low GI. Low GI stands for low glycemic index. Food with low GI levels help even out the blood glucose (sugar) levels which assists in reducing sugar cravings and prolonging and increasing energy levels. Chia seeds are also loaded with 37% fiber, are 20% protein, Omega-3 fatty acids (more than Salmon!), high in antioxidants (ORAC value of 1000 vitamin E equivalents) and various vitamins and minerals (calcium, magnesium and potassium).
- 2 bananas, cut into small chunks
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup Almond Milk
- ¼ cup black chia seeds (you can also use white if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp. toasted coconut shavings
- 1 tbs LSA mix
- In a small pan on medium heat cook the banana, cinnamon, vanilla bean, coconut oil and water, and simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add the Almond Milk and chia seeds to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into a small bowl and top with fresh banana and coconut shavings.
Want more healthy breakfasts that taste amazing? Check out my other healthy breakfast recipes!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know to Make Your Gift say ‘You are Special to Me’ + 2 x Little Kete Nourishing Hamper Giveaway (valued at $85 each) - May 21, 2017
- Cumin and Pecan Roast Carrot Dip (low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan) - May 21, 2017
- Wardrobe Detox with a Stylist – A Surprisingly Good Investment - May 17, 2017