I made these for my sister’s 21st and they were a hit! There were a few people who turned their noses up saying ‘are those protein balls?’ but later I found them eating one…maybe even two! These are perfect late night snacks you can keep in the fridge or great to take to work as a delicious alternative to biscuits.
Vanilla Protein Balls with Dried Fig and Peanut Butter
Serves 30 (they keep well in the fridge);
Time: 5 mintues + 30 minutes refrigeration
1.5 cups of coconut flour (expensive but amazing!)
6 scoops of vanilla protein powder
1.5 cups cup of almond milk
6 tbsp organic peanut butter (100% peanuts)
6 dried figs
1 cup shredded coconut
1. Combine coconut flour, protein powder and almond milk and set side.
2. Chop fig into thin pieces and add a dollop of peanut butter to each.
3. Take the prepared coconut flour mixture and flatten it in your hand. Place the fig in the centre then shape the mixture around the fig to create a ball.
4. Roll in shredded coconut.
5. Place in fridge for 30 minutes and immediately pop a ball of sweetness into your mouth! …And share if you dare (those remaining 29 will disappear quickly!)
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Wellbeing Warrior: Sam Wood + 28 Program Giveaway - October 8, 2017
- What’s the difference between dynamic and static stretching? - October 5, 2017
- Chai-Spiced Shortbread Biscuits (low FODMAP – DF, GF, RSF) - October 1, 2017