This meal is for those of you who don’t make friends with salad! Zucchini ribbons have the health benefits of fiber, prevents cancer, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, which pasta does not offer. Not to mention the gorgeous colours it adds to your plate. The accompanying basil pesto has the same nutty fresh flavour without leaving your stomach feeling sick from the ton of oil usually contained therein. That’s because the pesto recipe replaces the majority of olive oil with an avocado! Another ‘good fat’ (a monounsaturated fat).
Serves: 4 Time: 20 minutes
1 large bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
1 large bunch of basil, roughly chopped
2 medium cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
1 medium avocado
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil (can omit if texture sufficient without)
40g roasted pinenuts
2 large green zucchinis (peeled or sliced on a mandoline)
2 large yellow zucchinis (peeled or sliced on a mandoline)
1. Set aside zucchini in a large bowl and place all remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend until ingredients make a chunky paste.
2. Pour boiling water over zucchini and sit for 5 minutes. Drain and serve onto plates.
3. Top zucchini with pesto and serve.
Mix pesto into zucchini and enjoy!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Healthy Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta Salad Recipe - April 28, 2017
- Post-marathon Muscle Aches May be a Part of Your Genes - April 27, 2017
- Healthy Refined Sugar-Free ANZAC Biscuits - April 22, 2017