When you only have a short amount of time to exercise, this is a great 20 minute 20 high intensity plyometric workout you can do from home or the gym that will boost your heart rate, giving you the cardio workout whilst also toning through the use of hand weights and bodyweight. This uses a med ball, dumbbells, and step, however you can modify each exercise to just use dumbbells if that’s all you have at home.
Cardio, Toning and Strength Options
The higher and quicker the reps with a light weight, the more it will boost your heart rate and work your cardio vascular system. Keeping moderate weights with higher reps will be a good toning and sculpting workout. For more of a strength workout, repeat the reps in a steady fashion with a heavy weight (so you’ll be doing far less reps in each round than if you were doing a light-moderate weight).
Eat Pray Workout’s 20 Minute High Intensity Plyometric Workout
Complete each exercise listed before for 1 minute with a 10 second break in between. Repeat all exercises 4 times through.
- ski jumps with med ball (4-12kg)
- weighted push press (4kg – 9kg)
- squat with weighted push press (4kg – 9kg)
- burpee to over box jump
I filmed this one when we went to Thailand, a favourite at home and away!
If you do this workout snap a pic or video and tag @eatprayworkout #epwtribe on social media so I can cheer you on and share it on my instagram stories! Have fun!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Nutritionist Jes Cox shares the non-negotiables for any well balanced diet - February 12, 2020
- Interview: Work & Life with Sally Obermeder & Maha Corbett - November 21, 2019
- Choc Orange Hemp Protein Cookies - November 14, 2019