Picture old Queenslanders and rugged cottages turned into shop fronts. The shops are not generic and commercialised – they are couture, gourmet, unique and all with great character. Cafes, home wares, fashion and antique stores are in abundance. People are dressed well, in the latest fashion. Narrow streets roll up and down the hilly suburb from which you have amazing views of the city skyline. This beautiful place, my dear readers, is Paddington QLD. I love it!
Today myself and two other beautiful army wives, Elisabeth and Kirsty ventured here. We browsed through the shops and bought a few things. Believe it or not, the things I bought were from the local Vinnie’s (believe me this is not because I didn’t find other things I didn’t like, it was more because I’m broke!. Nonetheless, I am thankful for these great bargains!)
- Clock – $9 – I plan to use this in my outdoor area. With any luck I may learn 24hr time!
- Brass pear and matching brass leaf tray – $6 – A table decoration with perhaps a candle for the tray?
- Photo frames $4 each. These are the same ones I have paid $30 for in bed bath and table – win!
Yes, don’t worry – I’m getting to the good bits – LUNCH! Absolutely famished we walked to Anouk.
I must say I was impressed. The waiter was friendly and took this snap shot for us out the front with my new purchases and then showed us to our table.
Service, atmosphere and food was all wonderful! I would really recommend this place.
Kirsty tells me people line up out the door to come here for breakfast on Saturdays – so if you come then be prepared to wait! But we all agreed it’s well worth it.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020