Grapefruit – it’s the new ‘in’ flavour for summer smoothies and juices! Have you tried it in a juice or smoothie yet? It takes a bit to get used to the semi-sweet bitter flavour but there are so many health benefits in this subtropical citrus fruit. This Anti-Inflammatory Grapefruit Smoothie is one of my favourite grapefruit recipes because it balances the fruits flavours really well with yogurt, avocado, some sweet pineapple and coconut oil. Perfect for breakfast as the weather warms up.
It’s gluten free, refined sugar free, vegetarian and just plain delicious. Plus, just look at those gorgeous contrasting colours! Doesn’t it make you feel like you’re on holidays? A tropical touch is just what you need to get you through the end of the year.
Anti-Inflammatory Grapefruit Smoothie (gluten free, refined sugar free, vegetarian) Recipe
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and
- ¼ avocado
- 80 g (2¾ oz/½ cup) chopped
- pineapple (tinned variety in
- natural juice is fine, just drain
- it well)
- 25 g (1 oz/½ cup) baby spinach
- 130 g (4¾ oz/½ cup) Greek-style
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toppings we’ve used
- grapefruit slices
- drizzle of honey
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until
- Add toppings to taste.
*Peel the grapefruit over a bowl so you don’t lose
any of the juice.
Images and recipes from Super Green Super Easy by Sally Obermeder and Maha Corbett (Allen & Unwin, RRP $24.99) Photography by Rob Palmer. Check out this new book for more fabulous, nourishing recipes from Sally and Maha.
Want more summer smoothie recipes?
Check out some of my healthy smoothie recipes here.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- At home video workouts – get your instructor led gym classes at home! - March 23, 2020
- What to Look for when Choosing an Eco-friendly Sanitary Product - March 11, 2020
- Public or Private Hospital for Birth in Australia? - March 6, 2020