I was reluctant to share this recipe with you, it’s a meal that gets the ‘oooos’ and ‘ahhs’ but is really quick and requires little hands on effort. For that reason, I contemplated keeping it to impress my guests with at dinner parties…but that’s pretty self-indulgent, so I’m sharing with you…on one condition! You too must make this salmon delight for your guests! Although I said we don’t celebrate valentines day (mostly because we prefer to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays) I felt we still needed to share the love somehow. So over (and with) this delightful meal it was.
Baked Salmon with Orange and Avocado Salad
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 large orange, segmented
1 large avocado, halved and thinly sliced
2 x 150g salmon fillets
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
small handful of dill, roughly chopped
Horseradish cream dressing
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon horseradish cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C then cook salmon fillets in foil covered baking dish for 20 minutes.
2. Combine dressing ingredients by shaking well in a jar.
3. Gently toss orange, avocado, spinach and 3/4 dill in a large bowl.
4. Divide salad among serving plates and top with cooked salmon fillets.
5. Season with remaining dill, cracked pepper and drizzle over the prepared dressing.