Remember when i told you these overnight oats were my favourite breakfast? Well now banana oat smoothies have become my favourites! I previously made them without oats, like this banana berry smoothie but found they weren’t filling enough so I use that recipe as a snack instead. The oats are low gi meaning they will keep you full until lunch, no more craving the cookie jar at 10am now!
LSA is a great source of natural protein. The mix consists of ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds. You can find it in your health food shop.
Bananas are great for:
- Sustaining energy levels, like oats their energy is released slowly.
- Curbing sugar cravings by balancing your blood sugar levels.
- Weight loss – they are very filling for the amount of calories (eg. 1 medium fries has the same amount of calories as 4 bananas and it is unlikely you would eat 4 bananas).
- B6 – 1 small banana has 1/4 of your daily needs of vitamin B6.
- 1 tbs LSA mix
- ½ tsp chia
- 1 banana (peeled, chopped and frozen) + some fresh banana to top if you wish
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup soy milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla paste
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon + some to top
- Blend all ingredients in blender (2 min or until smooth)
- Pour into glass.
- Top with banana slices and cinnamon.
- Enjoy and be energised for your day!
Alternatively, find more of Eat Pray Workout’s healthy breakfast recipes.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Six things you can do to improve the moisture in your skin - March 19, 2019
- Passionfruit Acai Smoothie Bowl - February 21, 2019
- Nutty Coconut Chocolate Bliss Balls Recipe - December 21, 2018