Looking for some ideas for a quick, healthy breakfast, or a post workout snack? I have recently adapted my ‘4 ingredient Healthy Banana Pancake’ recipe to incorporate some extra protein to give me more energy for the day, keep me fuller for longer, and to speed up the recovery from my active lifestyle. It also happens to be REALLY yummy! There’s a recipe for a chocolate banana pancake, and a banana, vanilla and cinnamon pancake.
What’s your flava? OOO! Tell me what’s your flava!
Banana, Vanilla and Cinnamon Protein Pancakes and Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes
Sorry Craig David, I couldn’t decide, so I created two! What can I say I’m a high maintenance gal 😉
I ended up with two flavours by halving the batch before adding the cinnamon, and instead adding a 1 tbsp of cacao to one half, and the cinnamon to the other, and ended up with two delicious versions of the Banana Protein Pancakes – chocolate banana and banana, vanilla and cinnamon flavoured recipes. I love them both!
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg, whisked
- ¼ cup Vida Glow Beauty Protein Powder ‘Vanilla’ flavour
- ¼ cup LSA mix
- Pinch of cinnamon (for the vanilla pancake) OR 1tbsp cacao (for a chocolate pancake)
- Dash of soy milk
- Desired toppings - coconut yogurt, fruit, seeds etc
- In a large bowl, mix together the banana, protein powder, LSA mix, cinnamon and a dash of soy milk.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in egg. Mix until smooth.
- In a medium sized pan, heat oil and drop 1Tbsp of batter into the pan.
- Cook the pancakes on each side for 2-3 minutes and flip.
- Add desired toppings such as coconut yogurt and mixed berries.
Looking for more healthy pancake recipes?
Coconut flour pancake recipe
Try this coconut flour pancake recipe. It has been very popular on my blog!
4 ingredient Healthy Banana Pancake
As mentioned above, there’s always my yummy 4 ingredient healthy banana pancake too, which is basically this recipe less the protein powder.
Have you tried protein powder in foods? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Kale, Sweet Potato and Feta Muffins (kid friendly!) - June 29, 2020
- 6 Questions to ask your spouse every week to improve your relationship - June 21, 2020
- Berrylicious Coconut Cream Scone Biscuits (GF & DF options) - May 8, 2020