This post is sponsored by Barbecues Galore
I was going to start this post with something along the lines of ‘cooking all the ingredients on the same grill plate is magnificent because mixes the succulent juices, infusing flavour throughout each of the elements, creating a magnificent explosion of aromas that drift through the house – the perfect welcoming for your guests.’ Whilst all this is true, it pretties up the truth of my motivations for cooking like this. So time to spill. I’m time poor and hate cleaning, so the less space I cook upon, the less I clean! Are you with me?!
This dish has everything cooked upon a BBQ grill plate. I had never cooked tomatoes on the BBQ before but I LOVED how these little vine tomatoes turned out – a plump outer that burst with tender juices when bitten into. They looked so fabulous I would even consider serving them as a side on their own in future. TIP: Do not prick the tomatoes when cooking as this will release their beautiful juices and leave you with dried, flat tomatoes – that look anything but appealing.
- olive oil spray
- 4 medium chicken breast, sliced into 1cm width pieces
- 1 vine of red cherry tomatoes
- 200gm sliced mushrooms
- 1 red onion, sliced thickly in rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs balsamic glaze
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch of dill, chopped finely (except for a couple of pieces to present with)
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ to serve
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat clean BBQ grill and spray with olive oil
- Cook tomatoes, mushrooms, onion on the grill - turning once until cooked through (leave the onions to blacken a little it gives a better flavour), then set aside.
- Cook chicken, careful not to overcook as they are only thin pieces. High heat and about 30-60 seconds each side until chicken is browned.The vegetable juices should leave a nice grilled pattern and add to the flavour. Set aside once cooked through and season with salt, and pepper.
- Meanwhile, mix garlic, olive oil, balsamic glaze, dill and lemon juice together in a medium bowl.
- Add vegetables to balsamic mix and stir through.
- Plate up the vegetables, season, top with chicken and a sprig of dill. Serve with lemon slices for chicken.Chicken will taste quite plain on its own but mix it into the vegetables and it will burst with flavour!
So there you have it, a meal will little washing up that is bursting with flavour. Now go and find a lovely friend to share it with! Special thanks to this lovely lady, Jen, who let me cook at her house because our BBQ died! We’re thinking of getting a new BBQ, but have no idea which one – there are so many to choose from… Which one of these would you recommend? Please help us by leaving an in the comments below! Feeling very un-Australian without our BBQ!
Don’t feel like chicken but still want to BBQ? Try Rees’ Grilled Vino Kangeroo Steaks instead!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Choc Orange Hemp Protein Cookies - November 14, 2019
- Workout with Amy for FREE for 21 days with Les Mills On Demand - November 10, 2019
- Baked Lupin Blueberry Breakfast Slice with Gut-loving Coconut Yoghurt - October 27, 2019