I survived my evidence law exam today! This excites me because it means I have one subject left before I have completed my degrees! I’ve been tied to my desk with very little sleep the last week, but I’ve noticed how hungry I was when I was working. I thought it would be the opposite because I’ve barely had time to exercise at all the last week!
Nourishing your body is important for not only your physical health but your mental health – especially when busy at work or tied to your desk studying. Your brain uses up lots of energy when its powering full steam ahead! To fuel that energy try this Avocado, Egg and Dukkah on Toast!
Here’s a few reasons why this breakfast will help increase your brain power:
1. The brain won’t work without energy! Energy The brain needs energy from sustaining foods that steadily release glucose through the blood to the brain. This steady release is what ‘low-GI‘ foods – like wholegrain bread enable.
2. Stay fuller for longer Avocados are high in fat content but they are packed with nutrients – fibre which breaks down the carbohydrates in your body, helping you feel full for longer. It’s considered a ‘healthy fat’ because it isn’t a saturated fat and it also contains oleic acid, that triggers the part of the brain that makes you feel full.
3. Reduce those square eyes The benefits of eggs are plentiful, but one is that they contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin – antioxidants which help prevent macular degeneration. Doctors are unsure of the cause of this, many suggest it is genetical, however environmental factors like staring at a computer for a lengthy period of time may impact in its development.
METHOD: Toast one slice of wholemeal bread, spread with half a small avocado and place fried egg on top. Then sprinkle dukkah, a dash of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. It’s that easy. Good for the brain, good for the body!
So do, take the time to have a sustaining breakfast this week. Heck, you don’t even need much time – this took less than five minutes. I want to know what you have for your brain-boosting breakfast, so follow the instructions on rafflecopter below and comment to WIN a delivered value box of Charlies fruit and vegetables (similar to this or this)!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- How to manage medically diagnosed IBS in the Silly Season - December 13, 2018
- Mediterranean Dinner Bowl (Vegan, GF, Fodmap friendly) - December 7, 2018
- The Fit Girls Christmas Gift Guide - December 6, 2018