Although today I can’t share a real breakfast with you (although I am planning a meet up in Brisbane on Sunday 22nd March 2015 – put it in the diary!), I thought it would be fun to each grab a cuppa and giggle over some getting to know you questions. I have the excitement of a primary school girl completing a friend’s beloved ‘friendship book’! After you’ve read my answers, would you sign my ‘friendship book’ by copying and pasting the same questions into the comments below? I would LOVE to get to know you. You are a special part of the EPW community!
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Assuming I can’t choose dead people, right now I am fascinated by Julie Bishop’s career – so would love to get to know her better. She’s a lawyer, politician with an international focus and gym junkie with perfect hair. Yep, I look up to her.
Alternatively, any family member from Sydney would be lovely!
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
Yes, either as royalty (never going to happen) or as a blogger (fingers crossed!).
3. Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you’re going to say? Why?
No. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
4. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
A run, brunch at a cute cafe, perusing the shops and then heading to the beach to bask in the sun.
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
Last night in the car, I always sing at the top of my voice to the radio. Poor Reis is the once who suffers through my serenades.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
Body. Good body + wisdom of old age?! Bit of a win I think. Although it could make relating to people that are my age or the age of 30 difficult and I would struggle without good friends.
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
No. Who thinks about that?! I hope it is peacefully though.
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
We love Jesus, enjoy a healthy lifestyle and love coffee with friends.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
That I have a God who cares for me and I can trust to provide for my every need.
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
The first things that came to mind were all things that I would change about me as I grew up, not about the way my parents raised me. They did a pretty good job! Perhaps more of a sporting emphasis, but at the same time I didn’t love sport at that time in my life and it was good my parents didn’t push me.
11. Would you rather raise your kids in the country or in the city?
Country. I think they would have a lot more fun there.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
The ability to Teletransport because then I could fit more into a day.
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
Whether it would have been better to put effort into my blog or just focus on law, or continue both.
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
Going to the Maldives. Time and money!
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
My degrees in Law/Arts (politics).
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
Trust, patients and encouragement.
17. What is your most treasured memory?
Our wedding day or Christmas mornings at home.
18. What is your most terrible memory?
Writing off my Nan’s car in a crash during year 12 with my little brother in the car. Praise God that against all odds we were both okay…but still a very scary memory!
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
Yes, I would stop studying and make a few more trips home to Sydney.
20. What does friendship mean to you?
Where two friends care about each other and stick by one another no matter what’s going on. For me a friend is someone who can laugh with me at the good, the bad and bring reality when I am being down right crazy.
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life? Love should be in every word and every action. Affection is nice, however I would value quality time with someone over physical affection.
22. Would you rather entertain at home or go out for dinner? I love entertaining so if I had time to cook then having people in my home is my preference.
23. How close and warm is your family?
Our family is close and very warm and welcoming to other people. Being family we probably aren’t as warm as we could be with each other, but we know blood is thicker than water and will stick by each other no matter what.
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother? Love her and miss her. I can’t wait to live close enough to have coffee and shopping dates with her again.
25. Complete this sentence “I wish I had someone with whom I could share…”
this breakfast with!
26. If you were going to become a close friend with the reader, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
Exercise is my outlet. If I go without that outlet I end up frustrated, negative and grumpy.
27. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
It is all context dependant but course or rude jokes in general are not appreciated. Use common sense and empathy to judge the situa
28. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
Our wedding album and my jewellery box. Yes I would get a little burnt to get two things instead of one!
Illustrations by Inslee.
Cheers to a better EPW community and friendships!
Your turn! Just copy and paste the questions above and fill in your answers in the comments below.
Want to join Amy for a real breakfast and a walk?
Mark Sunday 22 March 2015 in the diary, we are having an EPW get together in Brisbane so we can really get to know each other and raise some money for charity. More details to come, keep reading the blog this week!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Nutty Coconut Chocolate Bliss Balls Recipe - December 21, 2018
- How to manage medically diagnosed IBS in the Silly Season - December 13, 2018
- Mediterranean Dinner Bowl (Vegan, GF, Fodmap friendly) - December 7, 2018