Time to jazz up your tofu and greens with this Brocollini, Zucchini & Tumeric Tofu Salad recipe! Combined with toasted nuts, broccolini and zucchini grilled in garlic infused olive oil served with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, this dish pairs earthy flavours with juicy fresh greens and I love it! This is a FODMAP friendly recipe for one serving size.
Flavouring tofu with turmeric
I’ve been trying different flavours in my tofu dishes recently and turmeric has become one of my reoccurring favourites. It gives a gorgeous golden colour, a bitter ginger-like flavour, and studies have found it’s active ingredient, curcumin, is a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant which can assist in optimising brain function.
Making tofu and greens an exciting lunch for work
This recipe is easy to pack into a lunch box if you’re after something a bit different to your normal sandwich or garden salad and tuna for lunch. It’s enjoyable cold but easily reheats in the microwave. You can make a larger batch and have it last for a few days.
Brocollini, Zucchini & Tumeric Tofu Salad Recipe
- 2 bunches of broccolini
- 2 large zucchinis
- 200gm firm tofu, diced 1cm cubes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbs garlic infused olive oil (you will use 3 x 1tbs amounts)
- ¼ cup slithered almonds
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs balsamic glaze
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the vegetables, add 1 tbs of the olive oil to a frying pan and on a medium heat cook the zucchini and broccolini, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl toss the tumeric, salt and pepper until the tofu is coated.
- Then in a smaller second pan add 1 tbs of olive oil and on a medium heat cook the tofu. Set aside in a bowl when outer is slightly crispy.
- Using the same small pan, brown the nuts (this will happen quickly so don't walk away and turn continuously).
- Add the cooked vegetables and tofu to a platter and sprinkle with nuts, lemon juice, balsamic glaze and salt and pepper to taste.
Want more turmeric tofu recipes? Try my scrambled tofu recipe for breakfast!
My scrambled tofu (a vegan scrambled eggs alternative) also flavours with turmeric and is a fantastic addition to any hot breakfast.
How do you flavour your tofu? Let me know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Should we have a Plan B BEFORE we Burnout? - August 2, 2021
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020