During winter, I gravitate toward foods that are tasty, warm and full of all the wrong things! It can be hard to find foods that are healthy AND comforting. I’ve done my best to come up with a few winter warmers that leave me feeling satisfied, not only because I feel warm and full, but because I know I have loved my body by giving it a nutritious meal! This brown rice, lentil and kale salads is one of my favourite winter salads, but I’ve also included a list of some of my other favourite winter recipes below.
Try out this brown rice, lentil and kale salad recipe and let me know what you think! Did it feel like a winter comfort meal? I think it has a great balance of carbs and greens, made with brown rice, lentils, kale and roasted edamame beans.
- ½ bunch kale
- 1 cup edamame beans
- ½ cup brown rice
- ½ cup lentils
- 1 L chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 T olive oil
- Cover edamame beans with oil and sprinkle over salt of choice. Lay flat on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes on 180C. Remove once done.
- Meanwhile, cover brown rice and lentils in a pot with stock and cook until the rice is soft and the lentils are tender. Drain once complete.
- Cut kale into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients into bowl while warm. Kale should wilt, in the warmth. Season with salt and pepper.
More healthy winter dinner recipes:
These are some of my other favourites:
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020
- Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish - August 7, 2020
- Good mood food – Peanut Butter Oat Bars (GF option!) - July 27, 2020