When I think of Camels, I think about dry desert heat… not milk. And certainly not nutritious and vitamin filled milk. But alas, I’m seeing a lot of Camel’s milk skin care products on the market at the moment and they are getting a bit of hype, so I thought I’d look into it for the reasons why it is so popular and give it a go.
Interestingly, my research revealed that camel’s milk has been used for centuries to improve skin and hair health (Cleopatra was known for bathing in it!) and there’s good reason for this. Camel’s milk contains many Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs). It also contains vitamins, minerals, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory immune proteins. If it was good enough for Cleopatra and science backs up the results, I thought it was worth giving the new skin care trend a try. I’ve been using the Summer Land Artisan Collection skin care range which nourishes your skin naturally and complements your skin’s own natural immunity, and I’ve been pretty impressed with the results.
The Benefits of Camel’s Milk Skin Care Products
So let’s get a little nerdy and look a little deeper into what benefits Camel’s Milk Skin Care Products can actually offer your skin. Camel’s milk:
- Contains essential fatty acids that every cell needs, such as Omega oils 3, 6 & 9 that keep the skin moisturised and radiant.
- Contains AHA’s which gently exfoliate the skin to improve its texture. AHA’S are a very small molecular structure that is able to pass through skin and stimulate the production of collagen.
- Has a unique milk structure that has been able to work within the skin’s layers (it penetrates beyond the top layer of the skin (the epidermis) and reach the vascular dermis) to stimulate cell regeneration, collagen and elastin production and promote healing and immune responses within the skin’s formative lower dermal layers.
- Does not ‘strip’ your skin of natural oils that other skin products and can balance the skin’s pH and support the skin’s natural oils.
- Helps build your skin’s natural defence to UV rays.
- Contains a high range of phospholipids which are known to stabilise, protect and heal your skin by boosting collagen and elastic production and reinforcing the skin’s natural barrier function.
- Has a copious amounts of Vitamin A, B, C, D and E which occur naturally in the milk offering anti-oxidant, anti-aging and repairing properties that can protect your skin cells against the oxidative stress that life takes on your skin.
- For those wondering what oxidative stress is, its an imbalance between the production of free radicals and the ability of the body to detoxify their harmful effects through neutralisation by antioxidants (this is also why foods high in antioxidants, like blueberries or dark chocolate, are recommended to eat for your skin’s health – try this smoothie bowl recipe or these refined sugar free dark chocolate brownie bites recipe).
Summer Land Artisan Collection Skin Care
I chose the Summer Land Artisan Collection to try because Summer Land Camels source their milk sustainably and ethically from their own camel dairy in QLD, the third largest of its kind in the world. Despite being so large they make the product in small batches to keep it fresh, yet it’s still reasonably priced ($27-$39 per product). It’s also formulated by a Nutritional Immunotherapist, Biochemist, Jeff Flood, who is also the CEO of Summer Land Camels.
The milk used in the products is not powdered but is pure and fresh and has not been treated with chemicals or high temperatures, ensuring no active ingredients are destroyed. It’s free from chemicals and suitable for all skin types and conditions, including children. They also smell amazing! I long for the day when the internet offers a scratch and sniff feature so I could share this with you! Haha.
So after using this beautiful skin care range by Summer Land Camels my initial associations with camels (dry desert heat) has altered because I’ve experienced the results their nutrient and moisture filled milk offers my skin. When I think about it, camels instinctively know to retain moisture for long periods of time, to stay protected from the sun and heat – so it’s no wonder their product delivers the same result.
If you would also like to try Camel Milk Skin Care or think it would make a good gift this Christmas, I have some good news for you! Summer Land Camels is offering FREE SHIPPING to you until Christmas if you use this Promo Code ‘amy_darcy‘. The Summer Land Artisan Collection skin care products can be purchased at summerlandcamels.com.au
This post is proudly sponsored by Summer Land, but all thoughts and opinions are my own and I only work with brands and products that I have tried, tested and loved. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Eat Pray Workout possible.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- The Active Mum’s Pram Workout - August 10, 2018
- How to improve your wellbeing by bringing nature indoors. - August 9, 2018
- Mocha Protein Bars - August 6, 2018