I’m all for carrot cake, but not so much the sugar and wide hips that come along with it. So I’ve created this sweet carrot cake bliss balls (low FODMAP) recipe as an alternative. High in fibre and rich in antioxidants, carrots are nutritious, delicious and the star of my Carrot Cake Bliss Balls! Aside from the fact that they taste utterly divine, these bliss balls are quick and easy with just 15 minutes of prep time. A perfect addition to your little one’s lunch box or a cheeky snack with a cup of tea, my Carrot Cake Bliss Balls are sure to become a family fave!
Carrot Cake Bliss Balls (low FODMAP) recipe
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 1 ½ C oats
- ¼ C walnuts
- ¼ C pepitas
- 2 T rice malt syrup
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed (or LSA)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: yogurt of choice (NB: if wanting this to be dairy free, use coconut yogurt or lactose free yogurt)
- Place the carrots in a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add remaining ingredients, and pulse until combined.
- Roll into balls.
- If you wish,to get the carrot cake icing flavour, you can dip half the ball in yogurt and place on a tray in the fridge to set for 15 minutes.
PIECE OF (CARROT) CAKE
Wanna know why I love this recipe? Not only is it super tasty, it’s packed full of so many good things that your body loves! Carrots in these bliss balls support good eye health and vision while high levels of dietary fibre help to keep your digestive system regular. Carrots also support healthy liver function as they assist in removing harmful waste from the body-how awesome is this veggie?! A great source of protein, walnuts in this recipe contain healthy fats and help to improve your metabolism while oats again, support a healthy digestive system. A sneaky hero in this dish is pepitas. Not only do they allow for a healthy heart and liver, pepitas contain high levels of zinc to improve your immunity-no colds for you this winter!
YOU CARROT BE SERIOUS?!
From sweet treats like our Carrot Cake Bliss Balls to scrumptious smoothies, carrots are a super versatile ingredient. Whether you dip em’ in hummus or nibble them as they are, there are plenty of ways to consume this yummy veggie. How do you incorporate carrots into your diet? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below and inspire the rest of the Eat Pray Workout Tribe!
YOURS, MINE & OURS
If you make any of our fab recipes, or these Carrot Cake Bliss Balls (low FODMAP) don’t forget to tag @eatprayworkout and #EPWtribe on Instagram or Facebook -I’ll be sharing your clever creations on my stories to show the rest of the tribe!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- How to Choose a Quality Rosehip Oil - June 19, 2019
- Potato Rose Spiced Shepherds Pie with Vegan Option - June 13, 2019
- Simple & Healthy Banana Bread (Low FODMAP, gluten & dairy free) - May 10, 2019