Some afternoons you just need biscuits to nibble on with your cup of tea. What you don’t need is the calories that come with it, or for some of us, the upset tummies that follow! Following a low FODMAP diet and identifying my triggers with this diet has helped me manage my irritable bowl syndrome symptoms, so I’ve made some cookies that are low FODMAP to cater for those who also experience the symptoms of IBS! These are chai-spiced shortbread biscuits that are also dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free. A good pantry staple to have on hand for lunch boxes or afternoon and evening nibbles. They’re a family favourite in our house!
Chai-spiced shortbread biscuit recipe (low FODMAP, gluten free, dairy free)
- ¼ C dairy-free butter
- ¼ rice malt syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ C gluten-free plain flour
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 170 C (fan forced), and line a baking tray
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in rice malt syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Sift in flour and spices.
- Use a spoon to mix until just combined, and then work the mixture slightly with your hands to form the dough.
- Pinch off teaspoon-sized balls and flatten in the palms of your hands, and place on prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges just start turning golden.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool slightly before eating!
Low FODMAP healthy biscuit recipe
Have you tried any winning low FODMAP biscuit recipes? I’m always on the hunt for new ideas to mix up my snacks so would love to hear what you’ve found in the comments below 🙂
More low FODMAP recipes
Choc-top low fodmap muesli bar recipe
This is one of my favourite low fodmap snack recipes – my healthy, crunchy but chewy choc-top low fodmap muesli bar. This is a gluten and dairy free recipe too. For more healthy snack recipes – click here.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020