It’s come to that time of year where we begin to require a repertoire of sweet, insta-worthy dessert ideas up our sleeve. Enter these adorable choc-peppermint avocado mousse pods! These treats satisfy that sweet spot, as well as being healthy AND Insta-worthy! Try them for your next work Christmas function, or BBQ get together.
Choc-peppermint Avocado Mousse Pods Recipe
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp Natvia
- 1 tbsp Flax seed
- 2 x avocado
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup natvia
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp almont/coconut milk
- 1 drop peppermint oil
- Heat oven to 180, grease mini muffin tin
- Add all base ingredients to blender and blend well
- Add base mix to each muffin pod and shape around outside
- Bake for 5-8 mins
- Add all mouse ingredients to blender and blend until smooth
- Using a piping bag pipe mousse into pods
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight
You will need a mini muffin tray at the ready. The casing for these pods can be a bit tricky to handle. I recommend greasing your baking tray well and even putting a small strip of baking paper in the bottom of the muffin tray, under each case to help you lift the case out after baking.
I have made a larger variety of these pods, as you see pictured, but I think personally they would suit a mini muffin tray size much better! As the mousse is quite dense and you only require a small amount per serve.