If you’re looking for a healthy option for simple summer dessert, then look no further – this Chocolate Dipped Frozen Mango Pops recipe is for you! This recipe requires only three ingredients and takes just 5 minutes to make + freezing time. The textures and flavour combinations are to die for. The best part is you can freeze them in an air tight container for up to a year…hello Mango popsicles all year ’round!
- 3 large mangoes, cheeks cut off & peeled then sliced in half
- ½ block 70-85% dark chocolate (if you prefer diary free try Lindt 90%)
- 3 tbs dessicated coconut
- 12 thick skewers or popsicle sticks
- Place each mango cheek onto popsicle stick and freeze for a few hours or over night.
- Melt the chocolate and dip frozen mango into chocolate and quickly dip into plate of desiccated coconut (you need to do this quickly as the chocolate sets in seconds and if it sets before you dip it the coconut won't stick).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Makes 12 popsicles but I would say 2 per person (if adults) is a serving.
HOT TIP: Make more and freeze
When you shop for the ingredients – buy double because I have no doubt you’ll be wanting to make a second batch shortly after! Or if you know this is likely to be the case based on your love of mangoes you can make a double batch and keep them in the freezer for up to 12 months if frozen from fresh mangoes.
Enjoy your chocolate dipped frozen mango pops with the family
These nourishing chocolate covered frozen mango pops are a great way for young and old to enjoy a popsicle to cool down in summer without it being packed with refined sugar and high amounts of fat. Even Finn loved it! Although his Dad did eat most of the chocolate, haha.
New to chocolate dipping fruits? Or want to see the tips to make the best chocolate covered strawberries?
Read this article & recipe here.
What fruits do you like to chocolate dip? Do you freeze them for desserts or like them fresh?
Let me know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Kale, Sweet Potato and Feta Muffins (kid friendly!) - June 29, 2020
- 6 Questions to ask your spouse every week to improve your relationship - June 21, 2020
- Berrylicious Coconut Cream Scone Biscuits (GF & DF options) - May 8, 2020