Healthy snacks for a fussy toddler on the go are a challenge! Mums – am I right?! My babe is at a stage where he is rejecting a lot of the food I make him, but these pikelets are always a win. I make a whole batch, feed him some as a snack and I still have lots ready in the fridge to get him through the next couple of days. I also love them as a snack for myself – two birds with one stone!
Healthy Cinnamon Yoghurt Pikelets Recipe
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup Chobani greek yoghurt (plain or vanilla Chobani FIT will work! If you use the FIT yoghurt - use 1 TBS less honey as it is quite naturally sweet)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Opt: add ½ cup finely grated apple
- In a large bowl sift the flour and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients: milk, honey, egg, yoghurt, whisk until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mix and stir until well combined.
- If using apple add it to the batter at this point.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
- Spoon mixture into frypan, apx 2 tbsp per pikelet.
- Cook for 1-2 mins or unti bubbles appear in the centre of the pikelet. Flip pikelet and cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Serve with Chobani plain greek yogurt, fresh raspberries and toasted coconut.
The yoghurt in these offers a great source of protein and calcium which is important for healthy bones. Let me know in the comments if you try it and if it is kid approved in your household. Click here for some more healthy pancake recipes.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Six things you can do to improve the moisture in your skin - March 19, 2019
- Passionfruit Acai Smoothie Bowl - February 21, 2019
- Nutty Coconut Chocolate Bliss Balls Recipe - December 21, 2018