Healthy snacks for a fussy toddler on the go are a challenge! Mums – am I right?! My babe is at a stage where he is rejecting a lot of the food I make him, but these pikelets are always a win. I make a whole batch, feed him some as a snack and I still have lots ready in the fridge to get him through the next couple of days. I also love them as a snack for myself – two birds with one stone!
Healthy Cinnamon Yoghurt Pikelets Recipe
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup Chobani greek yoghurt (plain or vanilla Chobani FIT will work! If you use the FIT yoghurt - use 1 TBS less honey as it is quite naturally sweet)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Opt: add ½ cup finely grated apple
- In a large bowl sift the flour and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients: milk, honey, egg, yoghurt, whisk until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mix and stir until well combined.
- If using apple add it to the batter at this point.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
- Spoon mixture into frypan, apx 2 tbsp per pikelet.
- Cook for 1-2 mins or unti bubbles appear in the centre of the pikelet. Flip pikelet and cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Serve with Chobani plain greek yogurt, fresh raspberries and toasted coconut.
The yoghurt in these offers a great source of protein and calcium which is important for healthy bones. Let me know in the comments if you try it and if it is kid approved in your household. Click here for some more healthy pancake recipes.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- At home video workouts – get your instructor led gym classes at home! - March 23, 2020
- What to Look for when Choosing an Eco-friendly Sanitary Product - March 11, 2020
- Public or Private Hospital for Birth in Australia? - March 6, 2020