This is one breakfast recipe you must try! Plus I’ve got some tips to share with you about cooking with coconut flour (I’ve learnt after too many failed attempts at using it and it is too expensive to waste!).
Tips for cooking with coconut flour
I’ve discovered my love for cooking with coconut flour again. If you haven’t used it before, it absorbs liquid really quickly. So if you’re using it as a substitute, you’ll only need about 20% of the usual flour requirements and you’ll want to add about 20% more liquid (eg. eggs, milk) and good fats that help reserve the moisture (eg. coconut oil). This is a great gluten/grain free flour that is high in fibre and protein.
As coconut flour retains so much water and fat it keeps the pancakes (or baked goods) really moist. Perfect to prepare a couple of hours earlier if you’re expecting guest and to keep heated in the oven.
Coconut Flour Banana Pancakes Recipe
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 banana (peeled & mashed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup light milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or 2 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of stevia
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- coconut oil for frying, 4 tbs
- fruit, maple syrup or honey to top
- Whisk together eggs, banana, cinnamon, milk, stevia and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Leave to set for 10 minutes.
- Heat frying pan on medium and grease pan with coconut oil.
- Using a large spoon place a few tablespoons of batter into the pan and once it bubbles (about 3-5 minutes) flip and cook the other side until golden brown (this may be quicker than the first side, so check at 2 minutes).
- For the second batch, wipe out the pan with paper towel and re- grease the pan with coconut oil and cook the next batch.
- Serve with fruit (I used blueberries but any berries are great!) and honey or real maple syrup (if desired).
Other EPW coconut flour recipes to try:
- Banana Bread Muffins (high protein, refined sugar and gluten free)
- Vanilla Protein Balls with Dried Fig and Peanut Butter
- Pumpkin Ricotta & Spinach Gluten Free Slice
More healthy breakfast recipes
Want to find more healthy breakfast recipes? Find my other healthy breakfast recipes here.
What do you like to cook with coconut flour? Let me know in the comments below, I love new ideas! 😀
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Lime Macadamia Dip with Sweet Potato Chips and Grilled Corn + Win 1kg Aus Macadamias - December 9, 2017
- Why Camel’s Milk Products are the New Skin Care Craze - December 6, 2017
- Her Christmas Gift Guide 2017 - December 5, 2017