I have just cooked through a week’s worth of HelloFresh recipes – what an awesome service these guys provide! I really enjoyed making these recipes – I found it easy to follow, and it was great to have fresh ideas on the menu, rather than rotating through my staple dinners. But for me, the best part was using it for entertaining – saves soooo much unnecessary stress! No more wondering what to cook, or when to fit in the time to go to the shops, or whether the recipe is really going to work or not. Love it!
I’ve included the Easy Indian Sweet Potato & Coconut Dhal with Coriander Pita Chips recipe for you to try at home too so you can see how good these recipes really are! This is going to be a winter staple for me. If you haven’t tried them yet, order your first box 40% off with the code ‘EPW40’.
HelloFresh Veggie Plan
I had the ‘Veggie Plan’ and made these four recipes:
1. Speedy Gnocchi with Creamy Basil Pesto Sauce & Garden Salad
2. Autumn Sweetcorn & Haloumi Fritters with Thai-Dressed Cucumber Salad
I am a huge fan of vegetarian fritters, this one is my favourite Healthy Corn Fritters recipe with Chilli Guacamole but I did love the addition of Haloumi to these fritters – adds a new dimension – see things I wouldn’t have thought of trying before HelloFresh!
3. Italian Homemade Baked Beans with Cheesy Herb Ciabatta Topping
4. Easy Indian Sweet Potato & Coconut Dhal with Coriander Pita Chips
My favourite was the Easy Indian Sweet Potato & Coconut Dhal, with Coriander Pita Chips – so simple, and SO more-ish! The flavours are great, and the crunch of the pita chips compliments the dish so well. Here is the recipe for that one; have a try for yourself and see how yummy it is! The photo really doesn’t do it justice.
- 4 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Brown Onion
- 2 knobs of Ginger
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbs Indian Spice blend
- 2 tins Coconut Cream
- 4 Cups water
- 4 tbs Tomato Paste
- 2 cubes Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 1 bag of Baby Spinach
- 1 bunch Coriander
- 12 Mini Flour Tortillas
- 200g Greek Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Finely chop brown onion. Peel and grate ginger knobs. Chop the sweet potato (unpeeled) into 1cm chunks.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Add the ginger and Indian spice blend. Stir together and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Pour in coconut cream, water, tomato paste, and crumble in vege stock cubes. Stir to combine.
- Add the sweet potato and red lentils to the pan along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 20-22 minutes, or until softened.
- If the Dhal is looking a little dry, just add a splash of water. Once sweet potato and lentils are softened, stir through the baby spinach leaves until wilted.
- While dhal is simmering, finely chop the coriander. In a small bowl, combine ½ the coriander, the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the dhal has 10 mins of cook time left, slice the mini flour tortillas into 3 cm strips. Place the strips on an oven tray lined with baking paper, and drizzle over the coriander oil. Toss the tortillas to coat and arrange on tray in a single layer. (Use more than one tray if the tortillas don't fit in a single layer). Scatter the pepitas over the top. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until golden.
- Divide the dhal between bowls. Top with the remaining coriander and any loose pepitas from the tray. Serve the coriander pita chips and a dollop of Greek yoghurt on the side.
Perfect for Entertaining – easy to be hospitable even at the last minute!
What I have loved about trying out the HelloFresh veggie meal plan apart from the delicious food, is that it is such an easy option for entertaining. I did a bit of that this week, and it was so nice not having to think about what I should make and what I needed to buy from the shops. It was all sorted for me! I just ordered enough for the number of people who would be eating, and followed the recipe card. The best for a busy week – where I still want to make an effort for guests, but without the headache of planning a meal from scratch! I could also invite them at the last minute knowing there was a more than decent meal ready to go at home.
A great way to reduce food wastage
I also loved that there was no wastage. All the veggies and condiments I needed (apart from pantry staples) were in the box with the exact quantity to suit the recipe. It feels great knowing what is going in your food as well, making it yourself – a great way to keep a track of how your healthy eating is going, at the same time as getting to be a bit more adventurous with your repertoire!
HelloFresh Discount Code for Eat Pray Workout Readers
This post is proudly sponsored by HelloFresh, all opinions and thoughts are my own and have not been influenced in any way. I hope you love HelloFresh as much as I did!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Kale, Sweet Potato and Feta Muffins (kid friendly!) - June 29, 2020
- 6 Questions to ask your spouse every week to improve your relationship - June 21, 2020
- Berrylicious Coconut Cream Scone Biscuits (GF & DF options) - May 8, 2020