This simple and healthy Cumin and Pecan Roasted Carrot Dip is one I love to make when we entertain. Sometimes I’ve even make a double batch so that I have some for snacks throughout the week! It’s a healthy, gluten free, diary free, low FODMAP, vegan roast carrot dip that never fails to have people reaching for more! The pecans in it give it a beautiful chunky gourmet texture and the carrots, roasted in infused chilli and garlic olive oil caramelise beautifully giving the dip and full and homely flavour.
- 5 carrots
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 tsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli infused olive oil
- Preheat conventional oven to 180 degrees.
- Toss the carrots in the infused olive oils and place them in a baking tray.
- Cook carrots in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let carrots cool.
- Combine carrots and remaining ingredients in a blender until combined with a chunky texture.
- Serve with carrot sticks, paleo breadsticks (recipe on blog under snacks or use search bar on homepage to find) or crackers.
A healthy dip for vegetable sticks
Despite being made with carrots it actually pairs perfectly with vegetable sticks like carrots, cucumber and capsicum. ‘Isn’t it too carrot-y then?’ I hear you ask. No! As the carrots are roasted in garlic and chilli infused olive oils then paired with nuts and basil the flavour is so different that you hardly notice you’re pairing carrot dip with carrot sticks!
More Healthy Dip Recipes
If you’re looking for more healthy dip recipes, these are my other favourites:
3 Healthy Flavoured Hummus Dips: Beetroot Hummus; Sundried Tomato and Basil Hummus; and Curry & Cumin Hummus
Recipes for these healthy flavoured hummus dips can be found here.
Zaatar Pita Chips and Greek Yogurt Dip
Recipe for these zaatar pita chips and greek yogurt dip can be found here.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020
- Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish - August 7, 2020
- Good mood food – Peanut Butter Oat Bars (GF option!) - July 27, 2020