You know those Friday night feels when all you want to do is snuggle up on the couch in your PJ’s, watch Netflix and inhale a block of chocolate? Now you can enjoy the chocolatey deliciousness without the guilt thanks to my healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls! Perfect for parties, lunch boxes, or as an after-dinner snack, this quick and tasty treat is sure to satisfy those sugar cravings without compromising your waistline- can I get an AMEN?! They are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Date Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls Recipe (low FODMAP, DF, GF, RFS)
This bliss balls recipe is date free because I’ve found dates to be one of the things that triggers my IBS and bloating and it seems to be in every chocolate bliss ball recipe! To cater for other people with sensitive tummies or allergies, I’ve also made these low fodmap, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Try this chocolate coconut bliss ball recipe if you’re looking for one that does contain medjool dates as a sweetener.
- ½ C peanuts
- ½ C sunflower seeds
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T peanut butter
- 1 T cocao powder
- 1 tsp chia
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 T desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 T desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Place all ingredients, except the extra coconut, in a blender or food processor, and pulse until combined.
- Place the 3 T of coconut in a separate bowl.
- Roll mixture into balls, cover in extra coconut, and place on a tray to firm up before eating.
ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE…AND CHOCOLATE
Not to brag, but my Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls are the WHOOOOOLE package. Peanuts in the recipe provide you with fibre, protein and antioxidants whereas cocoa powder helps you to improve brain function and lower high blood pressure. As if you needed another excuse to devour these delicious bliss balls, sunflower and poppy seeds help to balance your sugar levels and increase your calcium, iron and zinc intake-how good is that?
Quick. Healthy. Delicious. This recipe is has it all, am I right? What are your suggestions for quick and easy snacks that feel naughty but are very very nice to your waistline? Share your recipes in the comments below and inspire the rest of the Eat Pray Workout Tribe!
SHARING IS CARING
If you make any of our delicious recipes, don’t forget to tag @eatprayworkout and #EPWtribe on Instagram or Facebook -I’ll be sharing your fabulous creations on my stories to show the rest of the tribe!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Aria’s Newborn Photoshoot + Win a photoshoot with Sydney Lifestyle & Family photographer Afton Fife (valued at over $2000) - September 13, 2019
- Retail therapy calling you? Here’s some things I am loving right now! - September 6, 2019
- Date Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls (low FODMAP, GF, DF, RFS) - September 3, 2019