This meal has become a staple in my house the last few months for lunch and dinner. The dukkah covered fish melts in your mouth and the soft textures and flavours of the lemon, zucchini, eggplant and tomato combo complements it perfectly. It is FODMAP friendly, gluten and dairy free and just plain yummy! It’s been a hit with all our guests and is so simple to make.
- 4 Basa fillets (I use the frozen ones from Aldi - they are seriously the best frozen fish I've had! Make sure you defrost them before starting this recipe though.)
- 4 tbs Chilli Dukkah (purchased from a deli but most supermarkets sell dukkah in the spice aisle and it doesn't have to be a chilli dukkah that you use for this recipe)
- 2 tbs garlic infused olive oil
- 1 eggplant, diced into 1cm squares
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the basa fillets with the dukkah.
- In a large pan place 1 tsp garlic infused olive oil and cook the fish fillets for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spiraliser, spiralise the zucchinis - this is what makes them zoodles (zucchini noodles). If you don't have a spiraliser you can just peel the zucchinis into ribbons.
- In a separate pan, on a medium heat add remaining olive oil and stir fry eggplant for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes and stir for 1 minute and then the zucchini for a further minute.
- Turn off heat once cooked through and stir in lemon and season to taste prior to serving.
- Serve fish on top of zoodles and enjoy!
I don’t have a spiralizer, can I still make zoodles?
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can make zucchini ribbons using a peeler. This is what I did before Reis bought me one online. You can see how they will look here in my Zucchini Ribbons and Avocado Basil Pesto Recipe (another yummy healthy meal!). This recipe is a great creamy pasta substitute.
Want a matching Zucchini starter for this meal?
Try this Zuchini and Haloumi Skewers recipe – simple & fresh! It always goes down a treat!
Do you make zoodles? What do you put with them? Let me know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Should we have a Plan B BEFORE we Burnout? - August 2, 2021
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020