Are you running low on ingredients in the fridge but still wanting to do some meal prep for the week? This Easy Zucchini, Ham and Feta Frittata (gluten free, low FODMAP) is here to save the day. It’s one you can easily substitute in other ingredients. I have used zucchini, ham, fetta and chives because that is what I had left in my fridge, but these can easily be switched up – you just need to have some eggs! What do you have left in your fridge at the end of the week? Carrots? Cheddar? Basil? Sweet Potato? Give it a go! Let me know if you tried my recipe as written or if you made some alterations by tagging me on social media @EatPrayWorkout, I’d love to share your thoughts on my stories.
Easy Zucchini, Ham and Feta Frittata (gluten free, low FODMAP) Recipe
- 2 good sized zucchinis
- 150g ham
- 150g feta
- 1 T chives
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 175 C (fan forced), and prepare a baking dish. (mine was appox. 22.5cm (9inch) square, 6 cm deep)
- Grate zucchini into a bowl.
- Cut up ham, and chives into small pieces, and add to the zucchini.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, and whisk with other ingredients.
- Crumble in the feta, add salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
- Pour into prepared dish, and bake for 40 minutes, until golden on top, and the edges have pulled away slightly. The time will be slightly more if your dish is deeper, or less if it is shallower!
You can cook this Easy Zucchini, Ham and Feta Frittata (gluten free, low FODMAP) for dinner for the whole family or use it for your meal prep, just store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Doing a FODMAP challenge?
NB – if you are following a low FODMAP diet and choosing to substitute ingredients make sure you still choose low FODMAP ingredients! If you’re not sure click here to learn more about FODMAPS.
Want more yummy meals?
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020
- Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish - August 7, 2020
- Good mood food – Peanut Butter Oat Bars (GF option!) - July 27, 2020