Mango, mint and tuna salad with lime is my new favourite salad. The flavours are so refreshing and light, yet the salad is filling! The flavour combo was recommended to me by my dietitian and dear friend Rebecca Gawthorne when I was looking for ways to flavour my own tuna.
Remember this post where I told you of a hospital visit I had earlier in the year? It turned out I had salmonella poisoning and since then my stomach has never been the same. I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. Some of my trigger foods are spicy foods and onions and unfortunately, chilli and onion are in most of the flavoured tunas I have for lunch. So this is one of the delicious flavour variations that I’ve fallen in love with.
- Baby cos lettuce leaves
- 1 Kensington Mango
- Handful of fresh mint leaves (chopped finely) – NB: if you plant mint in your garden, put it in a pot – it spreads so fast!!
- 1.5 tablespoons of lime juice
- A tin of John West Light Tuna Tempters in Spring Water (drained)
Method: Line the bowl with the lettuce leaves. Mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over leaves. Voila! I recommend mixing it up by adding other vegetables like capsicum, cucumber and/or fill it out with a few chopped walnuts too.
What’s your favourite summer salad?
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Should we have a Plan B BEFORE we Burnout? - August 2, 2021
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020