As a healthy lifestyle blogger, people expect colourful and delicious food to be on my table at Christmas time. Like many of us, I am usually flat out at this time of year so I opt for the easy but flavoursome side dishes. This is one of my favourites to whip up at Christmas. It offers a wonderful combination of fresh, creamy and earthy flavours and the colours are just perfect for Christmas – it makes a real statement on the table! It’s simple so you’ll still have time to throw it together whilst wrapping those last few presents and hiding any mess in the house before the relative’s arrive too (who else knows that feeling?!) as most of the cooking is ‘set and forget’. Best of all it ticks most boxes for anyone with food intolerances: it’s gluten free, sugar free, low FODMAP and vegan. If you want some more healthy recipe ideas for Christmas or to give yourself some fresh ideas for creating a new healthy lifestyle in the new year, check out all my healthy recipes.
- 1kg baby red potatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused/normal olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon – 1 tablespoon ground Himalayan salt (dependant on taste)
- ½ teaspoon – 1 teaspoon ground pepper (dependant on taste)
- 1 zucchinis
- 1 husk of Corn
- Chopped Chives and Dried Chilli flakes to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius, grease large baking tray
- Chop baby potatoes in quarters, de-seed and roughly chop capsicum and zuchinni into chunks
- Spread all vegetables on baking tray, coat in olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper and toss.
- Place husk of corn on a separate baking tray in the oven (kept in the husk)
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Remove only corn.
- Continue baking vegetables for one more hour, remove vegetables from the oven.
- Remove husk from corn and cut the kernels off.
- Add the corn kernels to the salad and toss.
- Garnish with the chives and chilli flakes.
- Can be served warm or cold
Do you have a dish that is a family tradition or favourite at Christmas time? Let me know in the comments below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- How to Choose a Quality Rosehip Oil - June 19, 2019
- Potato Rose Spiced Shepherds Pie with Vegan Option - June 13, 2019
- Simple & Healthy Banana Bread (Low FODMAP, gluten & dairy free) - May 10, 2019