Moving from Sydney to Brisbane was not an easy feat last year and rethinking the definition of ‘home’ was difficult. Brisbane did not yet feel like my home, although neither did Sydney. Mum’s advice was, you can have MORE than one home. Since then, I have decided Reis and I have three homes. Our Brisbane home and each of our parent’s homes in Sydney.
950km: the distance between our Brisbane home and Sydney homes.
2 days: the time taken to travel to Sydney.
3 weeks: the time spent in Sydney.
Tomorrow: the day we begin our journey back to Brisbane.
The time spent in Sydney has been joyous and filled with love, laughter, gifts and great food.
Things I am thankful for this Christmas season:
- the multiple meals and coffee dates we’ve had with friends;
- seeing Legally Blonde the Musical;
- our road trip to Ariah Park and Alec Town (rural NSW);
- the hours spent around farm house tables chatting and cooking delicious Christmas desserts;
- time with our 4 Grandmother’s;
- Reis’ help decorating the gingerbread house;
- our family’s generosity in their Christmas gifts;
- the time to read a book and see a movie – I read and watched the Hobbit (absolutely loved both and would recommend you read the book [or at least half of it], prior to watching the film);
- an awesome NYE party; and
- an invitation to be put on a roster to use my culinary skills and cook meals for families in need throughout the year.
I hope you and your family have had a merry Christmas too.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Six things you can do to improve the moisture in your skin - March 19, 2019
- Passionfruit Acai Smoothie Bowl - February 21, 2019
- Nutty Coconut Chocolate Bliss Balls Recipe - December 21, 2018