Definition of JERKY: Meat that has been cured by being cut into long thin strips and then dried.
To be honest, I can’t say the idea of jerky appeals to me and thus I have never tried it. However, those that do like it, LOVE Mitchelton’s Geronimo Jerky. If word of mouth isn’t enough for you, last year alone, they won 7 awards at the Sydney Royal Fine Food Show. Geronimo Jerky makes the ONLY beef jerky with Guarana AND the Hottest beef jerky in Australia.
So if I don’t like it, why am I going against everything that everyone knows you shouldn’t do in a blog, that is, writing about something you are disinterested in? Because Geronimo Jerky has a fabulous little café at the front of their store!
6 reasons why I love Geronimo Jerky Café:
1. They use Elixir coffee – this is the best coffee I have tasted in Brisbane. Their slogan is ‘coffee for the soul’ and I have to admit that is a fairly accurate description of it. It’s one of those coffees where your first sip makes your shoulders drop, your eyes close as you savour the taste and a sigh of satisfaction follows soon after – suddenly you feel your day is going to be okay – in fact, you muse, you are going to tackle it with delight!
2. The staff cheery, attentive and make time to chat with you.
3. The Barista’s can make coffee. They know how to froth their milk perfectly – without bubbles. Their lattes always have a nice design on top and this never fails to make me smile knowing they went to that effort for me.
4. It’s dog friendly!
5. Free wi-fi.
6. They give free taste tests when the Mitchelton Markets are being held.
There is no kitchen on site, so the food is mostly nicely baked goods – don’t go and expect a meal.
A 10/10 in my books.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Interview: Work & Life with Sally Obermeder & Maha Corbett - November 21, 2019
- Choc Orange Hemp Protein Cookies - November 14, 2019
- Workout with Amy for FREE for 21 days with Les Mills On Demand - November 10, 2019