These gluten free, dairy free, vegan friendly protein waffles are a great weekend breakfast. You can pair them with lots of different toppings. It’s best to pair them with a paste or liquid-y ingredient so they don’t taste too dry. Things like 100% maple syrup, yogurt, honey or nut butter work well. Then add nuts and fruits of your choice. Thing’s that work well include shredded coconut, chopped mango, kiwi fruit or apple,banana, dates, walnut, pistachios, almonds.
This post is sponsored by Pure Lean Nutrition
- 1? cup gluten free flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop chai vanilla protein powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp 100% maple syrup
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 2 tsp 100% maple syrup
- 2 tbs of chosen nut butter (I used one mixed with cocoa from the health food section in the supermarket)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until mixed well.
- Add in eggs and stir.
- Add in coconut oil, almond milk, and maple syrup. Whisk until clumps dissolve and a thick liquify batter is formed.
- Fill the base of your greased waffle maker with the batter and close it. Cook according to waffle maker's directions, or after about 6-8 minutes when browned. Remove waffle from maker and degrease pan repeating the cooking process until all the batter has been cooked.
- Sprinkle with blueberries, maple syrup and nut butter OR other options as noted in the blog post.
Protein Powder Flavouring for Waffles
You can also change the flavour of the waffle by changing the flavour of your protein powder. I used Pure Lean Nutrition’s Vanilla Chai Pea Protein in this recipe but chocolate or plain vanilla protein powder would also work.
Where to buy Pea Protein Powder
You can purchase these online here and you can use my discount code ‘epw5‘. That gives 5% of any order. For January 2017 there is 15% of all orders via the website itself. So use in conjunction with this code and you’ll get 20% when you order.
WIN 1 of 3 x 1kg Pea Protein Vanilla Chai (valued at $45.95 each)
This competition has now closed, thanks to everyone that entered and congratulations to the winners – Catherine, Sinead and Laura!
To win 1 of 3 x 1kg Natural Pea Protein Vanilla Chai valued at $45.95 each, simply 1) follow me on instagram and like my last two photos, and 2) tell me in the comments below your instagram name and the best fitness or well-being advice you’ve ever received.
Competition closes midnight 13 February 2017 and is open to Australian residents only. Winner will be announced on this post and contacted via email.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Potato Rose Spiced Shepherds Pie with Vegan Option - June 13, 2019
- Simple & Healthy Banana Bread (Low FODMAP, gluten & dairy free) - May 10, 2019
- Last Minute Mother’s Day 2019 Gift Ideas - May 8, 2019