These halloumi and zucchini skewers are super simple and a delicious appetiser at a BBQ. No plates required, people can still mingle whilst enjoying this great flavour combo. The zucchini really softens and complements the salty and firm halloumi and the lemon just adds that extra bit of zest!
Halloumi and Zucchini Skewers
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into round pieces as pictured
- 90g of halloumi (half a block) sliced into thin blocks as pictured
- 1 tbs lemon juice to sprinkle
- Skewers, soaked in water for a couple of hours or overnight to remove splinters
- Cook the zucchini and halloumi in a pan, for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through, turning half way to brown each side.
- Slide zucchini and halloumi alternatively onto a skewer and top with a sprinkle of lemon juice to serve.
More healthy appetiser recipes
If you would like some more ideas for great starters, have a look at these appetiser recipes. A staple in our house is the Zaatar Pita Chips with Greek Yogurt Dip – quick but flavours that leave everyone raving!
What’s your favourite appetiser? Comment below, I love hearing new ideas!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020