On Friday night, I took to Instagram with a picture of my Healthy Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bars. This was probably one of the best afternoon tea creations I’ve ever made. On a whim, I said if 50 people tag a friend I would share my recipe. I didn’t expect a result, it was a pretty ambitious ask of you guys. Reis also reminded me that no one else spends Friday night checking social media. Thinking I was the only sad case, I was surprised when I checked Instagram the next morning and had over 50 comments on the post. So, now I suppose I owe you the recipe for my Healthy Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bars!
TIP: Remember they are high in natural sugars – so don’t eat them all at once – they are still a treat, but one that comes with nourishing elements rather than empty calories.
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- ¼ tbs cocoa
- ⅔ tbs almond meal
- 1 tsp honey or rice malt syrup
- 20 almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs buckwheat kernals
- 1 tbs raisins
- Line 4 mini loaf pans (each being a single serve size) with baking paper.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture evenly across the 4 pans.
- Freeze for 10 minutes or until set.
- Keep in freezer until ready to serve. Will last up to a month in the freezer so you can make a big batch if you want to.
What’s your favourite healthy treat snack?
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- The Active Mum’s Pram Workout - August 10, 2018
- How to improve your wellbeing by bringing nature indoors. - August 9, 2018
- Mocha Protein Bars - August 6, 2018