Catching up with friends, especially girlfriends, almost always revolves around eating out. How can you say no to that slice of cake when everyone else is having one? If you decide to get it, it’s usually on the basis that you’ll only eat half a serving. If you’re at all like me, then leaving that other half on the plate just doesn’t sit right with you – it’s wasting food, maybe it will seem rude and ungrateful, you don’t want to make the other person feel awkward when they finish a whole piece…or perhaps it just tastes TOO DAMN GOOD. Whatever your reason, you eat it. Then for the rest of the day you think well I’m going to eat whatever, I’ve stuffed the diet anyway.
Saying “oh I’ve already ruined my good eating today. I’ll just eat crap” is like saying “oh, I just dropped my phone, I’ll smash it till it breaks”.
Doesn’t make much sense does it?
This friends, is what I want to conquer.
Here is a few tips I’ve found helpful when eating out with friends:
– Offer to bring dessert –you could bring a healthy slice or a beautiful fruit platter.
– If you cant bring dessert, portion control the size of dessert they give you – ask for just a skinny slice of cake or 1 scoop of ice cream.
– When you’re going out, there is nothing stopping you from making healthy choices. Be honest with your friends, that you want to eat healthy for your body, they might just want to be doing the same.
– If it’s not a meal only order coffee, not cake too – eat something healthy before you go so you’re not hungry.
– Suggest a walk instead of coffee – walks often induce wonderful conversations too!
I hope these easy tips help you this week, happy Monday! xo
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Interview: Work & Life with Sally Obermeder & Maha Corbett - November 21, 2019
- Choc Orange Hemp Protein Cookies - November 14, 2019
- Workout with Amy for FREE for 21 days with Les Mills On Demand - November 10, 2019