We’ve hit that time of the year where the Christmas parties and end of year gathers are in full swing. Whether you’ve been asked to bring a side dish, are hosting a casual dinner or just want something yummy to snack on with the family one Sunday afternoon – THIS is a great summer dish to try. It’s centred around the creamy lime macadamia dip, which goes well with so many things. Here, I’ve paired it with sweet potato wedges and grilled corn. But you could also use this dip to dress grilled chicken, or even add it as a spread on a chicken or fish sandwich – a bit like a chunky, buttery lime mayonnaise! You could also add a tablespoon of water (or coconut water) at a time until it’s a thinner consistency to make it a nice salad dressing too. I hope you enjoy my Lime Macadamia Dip with Sweet Potato Chips and Grilled Corn recipe as much as my family did!
Australian Macadamia’s have so many health benefits! High in heart healthy fats, thiamine (vitamin B1), manganese, magnesium, iron, niacin and copper. They’re also a fantastic ingredient that adds a unique gliding, velvety texture and subtle creamy flavour to your dish. If my word doesn’t convince you to cook with them, give this Lime Macadamia Dip with Sweet Potato Chips and Grilled Corn a go. It’s a Mexican flavoured summer dream!
Lime Macadamia Dip Recipe
- FOR THE DIP
- 2 cups macadamias, soaked (ideally overnight or minimum 3-4 hours)
- 2 tbs garlic infused olive oil
- ½ cup water
- Flesh of 1 an avocado
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- juice of 4 limes
- grated zest 1 lime
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- If making as a salad dressing add ¼ cup coconut water
- FOR THE CORN
- 5 fresh corn ears with husks
- 1 tbs garlic infused olive oil
- FOR THE SWEET POTATO WEDGES
- 2 large sweet potatoes,
- chopped into wedges
- 2 tbs herb or garlic infused olive oil
- salt flakes to taste
- Drain the macadamias and place in food processor with all other dip ingredients. Blend until smooth then place in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat the grill/pan or BBQ to medium.
- Pull the outer husks down to the base of the corn. Strip away the silk (the fine whispy bits) from each ear of corn by hand.
- Coat corn in olive oil. Pull the husks back into place, and soak the corn in a large bowl of cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for 10 minutes.
- Drain corn and dry excess water with tea towl.
- Brush outer husks with olive oil (to help brown rather than burn, you don't actually eat this part but it does help the flavours develop).
- Place the corn on the grill, pan or BBQ, grill for 5 minutes, turning every one minute, to brown husks. Then strip down husks and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or until browned and easily removed with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, cook olive oil and sweet potato on a medium heat until browned, turning every couple of minutes. When browned sprinkle with salt to serve.
- Serve corn and sweet potato chips with refrigerated macadamia and lime dip.
Want more healthy recipe ideas?
Healthy Macadamia Dessert Recipes
Raw Caramel Macadamia Slice
If you’re looking for other recipes that use macadamias, you might like to make a dessert and try my raw macadamia slice. I’ve had so many people email me about that dessert saying it was their absolute favourite refined sugar free dessert (thank you to those that emailed me to let me know – it makes my day and helps me know what types of things you would like to see more of on the blog!).
Healthy Raspberry and Apple Crumble Recipe
This healthy raspberry and apple crumble topping recipe is also a favourite. It uses macadamia nut oil to roast the crumble in. It’s a fresh take on a traditionally sugar laden dessert to make it just as tasty but gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free!
Win 1kg of Australian Macadamias!
Australian macadamia’s have kindly gifted 1kg of macadamias for one lucky person to enjoy this Christmas. Enter below!
Have you tried any of these Macadamia recipes? What did you think? How do you like to use macadamia’s in summer? Let me know in the comments below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Anti-Inflammatory Grapefruit Smoothie GF // RSF // VG // - October 9, 2019
- The 10 best Australian fitness accounts to follow on Instagram - October 8, 2019
- Meal Prep Plan: Asian-style turkey mince combos + 3 x book giveaway! - September 29, 2019