Summer has arrived and mangoes are selling cheap… 2 for $5 at Woolies today! Thank goodness because I was getting sick of the usual garden salad and tuna. Now I can enjoy this refreshing, sweet summer salad! If you’re bored of your lunch too, why not give this salad recipe a go?
Some of the nutrients in this mango salad
The beans, walnuts and avocados offer an excellent source of protein and good fats. The mango provides you with up to three times your recommended daily intake of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant important in limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells and cause infections. It’s also needing in the production of collagen, a protein that helps build bones, cartilage, muscle and blood vessels. Vitamin C helps the absorption of iron, needed to transport oxygen from the lungs to cells through the body.
Mango Avocado and Bean Salad Recipe
NB: serves 1, multiply the amount per person if cooking for a group.
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- ¼ avocado, diced
- ½ can cannellini beans, drained
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 baby cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- ½ tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Toss ingredients together and enjoy!
Do you have a go-to mango salad recipe? Please share it with me in the comments and we can help each other bring variety to our healthy lunches as we enjoy this seasonal fruit!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020
- Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish - August 7, 2020
- Good mood food – Peanut Butter Oat Bars (GF option!) - July 27, 2020