Setting goals and alternating your fitness routine is really important for two reasons. Firstly, having goals it keeps you motivated – you have a reason for your hard work. Secondly, mixing up your exercise routine means you won’t get bored and give up. I spoke a bit about my last routine change here and now I want to share with you my latest exercise variation, namely Parkrun’s. Parkrun are an organisation that holds 5km timed runs in pleasant parklands all around the world. I’ve never competed in a timed race before so I was pretty nervous but here’s why I loved it:
- It’s free to enter.
- People of all ages and abilities enter – some run, some walk and others do both! You’re bound to find someone who is similar in ability to you who you can compete with or encourage along the way.
- Being timed and given a rank gives you motivation to create a new personal best for next week!
- Parkruns are held in numerous locations (click here to find one near you), so you don’t have to do the same track each week.
- We ran at Newfarm along the Brisbane river and headed to the farmers markets in the park afterwards (perfect location?! I think so).
- time: 23:31
- rank: 11/116 girls; 57/248 total
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Should we have a Plan B BEFORE we Burnout? - August 2, 2021
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020